Saturday, January 3, 2009

Day 11, Why I blog.

I think that there are two main reasons why someone on polyphasic sleep could blog. It could be to get encouragement and to commit to not failing the experiment, or it could be to describe what occurs during adaptation so that others may have a greater knowledge base about polyphasic sleep. In my case I do not write for encouragement. I disabled the comments on my blog because I don't want to feel forced to reply to comments. Since I am doing this blog somewhat anonymously, I do not feel peer pressure to succeed.

I blog because when I did research about polyphasic sleep I had a hard time to find good information of how it works when adaptation is successful. My main source of information was Steve Pavlina's blog and Pure Doxyk's book Ubersleep. I found both of these resources very good, but I would have wanted to have more than two good sources of information. Thus I wrote about how I my body felt, but I did not write much about the emotions I experienced. This may make it look easier than it was, so I will try to add at least on post on the emotions I felt during the adaptation.